Here's a cute journal book I made. Once again one of items I had to have and have hardly used, the Zutter Bind It All. I decided to pull it out along with the chipboard albums covers I have stashed away and make something with this stuff for a change. I also wanted to use up some of my scrapbook paper. You know the kind you buy when you are first starting out in the crafting world. The big huge pads and then later on realize you won't use half of the designs in it lol. Although I like the papers for this project they are not a colour scheme I usually use for card making.I decided to use the chipboard cover 7 1/2 x 5" from Zutter. Not a huge journal but great for writing or saving smaller mementos.
So here is the step by step:
- I picked out about 10 sheets of 12x12 matching papers and cut them to 7 5/16 x 4 7/8" in size.
- Take the Bind It All machine and follow instructions to punch 13 holes in the paper.
- I took 1 sheet of 12x12 matching paper and cut 2 pieces 7.5 x 5 1/8 ". I cut it a bit bigger than the 5 inches to allow for wrapping around the edge of the chipboard piece. I then glued the paper onto the chipboard.
- Taking the Bind It All machine I followed the instructions for making a cover and punched 13 holes into it.
- Thread the wire into the punched holes "bind" your book with the Zutter machine, and voila and you are done!
You can decorate the outside cover if you wish. I decided not to do that until I decide what I want to do with this wire ring book.
That's about it for this project. Now onto more Valentine card making!
Chat at you later!