Today is the start of another challenge called Feeling Frosty over at the Art Impressions Blog. They want to see those projects frosted! You can add any "flakey" items to your cards. Think snowflakes, flocking, chunky embossing, you name it!
I'm playing along with this card I created using the Christmas to All Set (sku# 4517) from the Ai Christmas 2014 release. I kept the design of this card pretty clean simple.
Scarf & hat: T1, T3, B91, B93, B95
Coat: B91, B03, B95
- Make a 5 1/2" square card base
- stamp your image onto Copic friendly paper with Memento Tuxedo ink
- colour with Copic Markers
- cut a piece of blue glitter paper 5 1/4" square
- using a snowflake embossing folder, emboss a piece of 4 3/4" square white cardstock
- cut a rectangle around your image 2 5/8"x 3 3/8"
- cut a piece of glitter paper 2 7/8"x 3 1/2"
- using a corner concave punch and punch out the corners on your image and glitter layer
- glue the image and the smaller rectangle together
- glue the embossed paper to the large square of glitter paper
- attach your ribbon to the paper layer and then adhere the layer to the card base
- using pop dots attach your image to the card
- cut snowflakes out of glitter paper using the Cuttlebug and attach to the card
- stamp a sentiment and emboss with silver embossing powder
- layer the sentiment with glitter paper, adhere to the card
- using Icicle Stickles add glitter to the stripes on the snowman's hat.
- stamp a sentiment inside as well if you wish.
I added dimensional snowflake stickers from my stash where the stars usually would be, to add that "frosty" look for the challenge.
I had so much fun making this card! You should head on over to the Art Impression Blog and play along with the Challenge "Feeling Frosty".